Big delicious chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough surrounded by creamy vanilla ice cream. It seems like such a no-brainer today, but in 1984 it was revolutionary. The Cookie Dough you know and love started with a simple suggestion: What if you put chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough into vanilla ice cream? That was the amazing anonymous idea submitted way back in the early days of our first Burlington, Vermont, USA, Scoop Shop. We used to have a bulletin board where people could suggest new flavors for Jerry and Ben to make—and this idea stood out. The folks at the Scoop Shop immediately went to work mixing up a batch of Cookie Dough. It was an instant hit. Initially, the flavor was only available at the Scoop Shop. When we decided to sell it in tubs, we had to figure out how to get that familiar cookie-dough taste, consistency and texture at ice cream temperatures. We teamed up with Rhino Foods and, over an incredible six-year journey, we perfected the cookie dough found in our tubs today. In 1991, Cookie Dough began appearing in freezer aisles everywhere. It has remained one of our most popular and beloved flavors ever since! Ben and Jerry's ice cream is made with non-GMO sourced ingredients, cage-free eggs, and we get our cocoa, sugar and vanilla from Fairtrade certified producers. We also use responsibly sourced packaging. So dig in!
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Non-GMO 16 oz
- Ben & Jerry's Vanilla Ice Cream with Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Ben & Jerry's ice cream is made with Non-GMO ingredients & cage-free eggs
- Ben & Jerry's sources Fairtrade Certified bananas, coffee, cocoa, sugar, & vanilla
- Ben & Jerry's ice cream is Certified Kosher
- Ben & Jerry’s ice cream uses responsibly sourced packaging
- We knew we were onto something big when we made the world’s first batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream in 1984. Today the flavor still reigns among our all-time most popular concoctions.